BERLIN - US President Barack Obama on Wednesday said he would seek talks with Russia to reduce the number of strategic nuclear weapons both hold by up to a third. Speaking in front of Berlin's iconic Brandenburg Gate during a visit to the German capital, Obama said he was confident the US could maintain its security while reducing its nuclear capacity by a third. He also called for ...
KABUL - An angry Afghan President Hamid Karzai said Wednesday his government would not join US peace talks with the Taliban "until the peace process is totally under Afghan control." He also suspended talks with the US to discuss the nature of US military presence after international troops withdraw in 2014. A spokesman for President Hamid Karzai said the decision was taken over ...
Many people have rallied in support of controversial Independent TD Clare Daly after her extraordinary attack on the visiting U.S. president Barack Obama and his family. Daly didn't miss any punches on Wednesday morning in the Dail when she hit out at Obama, describing him as the "hypocrite of the century," and "a war criminal." She pointed out while he was in Northern Ireland talking the ...
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has used a luxury boat to tour the country's east coast amid indications that the 90-feet-long yacht may have been smuggled into the country in defiance of UN sanctions that bans importing of luxury items to the impoverished country. A website that tracks events in the reclusive state said the yacht, a Princess 95MY made by British-based ...
MOGADISHU, Somalia - At least 15 people, including some United Nations workers, were killed Wednesday when a UN compound in the Somali capital came under a bomb and gun attack by Islamist militants of an Al Qaeda-linked group, a minister said. Interior Minister Abdikarim Hussein Guled in a hurriedly called press conference said that the eight slain UN workers included four foreigners working ...
33°C Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the WNW at 5 MPH
Shine a Light [Blu-Ray]
At this point, the Rolling Stones have been the subject of so many documentaries and concert films that the idea of making a definitive performance film about the self-proclaimed Worlds Greatest Rock & Roll Band is largely beside the point. Thus, in Shine a Light, director Marti ... ...
WASHINGTON - The controversial US snooping of foreign emails and telephone calls has prevented more than 50 potential terrorist attacks in at least 20 countries, the director of the National Security Agency (NSA) has said in defending the surveillance programme. The targets include the New York Stock Exchange and other important installations across the world, General Keith Alexander said ...
18 June 2013 150 United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announced the appointment today of Major General Michel Finn, of Ireland, as head of Mission and Chief of Staff of the Jerusalem-based UN Truce Supervision Organization (UNTSO), the first such operation the world body set up almost 60 years ago. "Major General Finn succeeds Major General Juha Kilpia of Finland, who will ...
A Goan musician has teamed up with a Trinidad and Tobago rapper to craft an album with an eye to putting it out on international music channel VH1. The new music video 'Cozy Together' by Varun Carvalho, a self-confessed dentist-by-day and singer-by-night, features rapper and musician Nkenge Ross aka Nick, who has earlier played in Caribbean Bands like Ecstatic and Matrix. Speaking to reporters ...
Brazil deployed members of an elite security force in cities hosting international football matches, in the wake of massive anti-government protests that threaten to disrupt the FIFA Confedrations Cup. Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff ordered the deployment of Brazil's National Public Security Force (FNSP) to the cities of Fortaleza, Salvador, Belo Horizonte, the capital Brasilia and Rio de ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Country Inn & Suites, Ventura, California, USA
I had selected the Holiday Inn at Ventura which is right on the beach as a target for a review, ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
South East Asia PostSouth-East Asia Post | News Resource for Southeast Asia
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Southeast Asia Post is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive South East Asia news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, our news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's Southeast Asia news, the weather forecast for Southeast Asia, you'll find it all in the Southeast Asia Post.
Beijing, June 20 (Xinhua-ANI): South Korea has agreed to provide 500 million U.S. dollars in loans to Myanmar from 2013 to 2017, which will be from its Economic Development Cooperation Funds, official media reported Thursday.
The announcement was made at a joint committee meeting on economic cooperation between Myanmar and South Korea co-chaired by visiting Korean Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Strategy and Finance Hyun Oh-Seok and Myanmar Minister of National Planning and Economic Development Kan Zaw in Nay Pyi Taw Wednesday.
The joint committee also discussed eight areas of cooperation covering 39 projects inclusive of those related to infrastructure development, promoting of services and sports sectors.
Expressing appreciation to South Korea for its support, Myanmar President U Thein Sein told Hyun after the meeting that the outcome of it would contribute to Myanmar's reform process.
U Thein Sein extended his invitation to his South Korean counterpart through Hyun to visit Myanmar.
According to official statistics, South Korea was the fourth biggest investor in Myanmar as of March this year, with investment in the country totaling some 2.98 billion U.S. dollars in 77 projects. ...
- China Vietnam should seek South China Sea solution Chinese President
- Laos heading towards `worst dengue epidemic In Its history’’
- In Vietnam New Virus Isolated From Patients With Severe Brain Infections
- Japanese volunteers visit Laos prime minister
- China Vietnam Agree on Hotline to Resolve Maritime Disputes
- Alleged international fraudster caught at Phuket airport
- Helmetless Phuket motorbike driver dies from head trauma
- Decision on Sudarat deferred
- BOI privilege applications up 70 in first five months
- Gone fishing Man snags Siamese crocodile at Phuket pond
- Singapore pollution record after Indonesia fires cause regional haze
- Indonesia Singapore behaving like a child over haze
- Kartini Next Generation Special Award
- 12 soldiers of Indonesias elite army unit go on trial over deadly prison attack
- Indonesia and Monaco are all set to make debut in this year Al Bareh International Regatta
- S. Korea to provide 500 mln USD in loans to Myanmar in 5 years
- Failure to address discrimination could undermine reforms in Myanmar - UN official
- Doubts cast on Wa helicopter rumors
- Getting tough on religious violence
- Myanmar says ILO decision to lift restrictions will boost trade foreign investment
- Brit Muslim accused of war crimes in Bangladesh willing to clear name in fair trial
- Bangladesh snatching bank from poor Yunus
- Players commit to playing in Dhaka League
- AP PHOTOS For amputees wounds from Bangladesh garment factory collapse will never fade
- Bangladesh should not let Grameen Bank be snatched away from the poor Yunus
- Dhonis boys doing well as a batting unit Lankan selector Jayasuriya
- Sri Lanka are a dangerous side Dhoni
- Team India would not focus on individual Lankan players Dhoni
- Sri Lankans will target Indian bowling Jayasuriya
- 80 Sri Lankans held while trying to migrate to Australia
- Dabur Nepal ICIMOD partner to promote herbal garden
- 39 killed in Nepal floods landslides
- Nepal-Africa Film Festival inaugurated in Kathmandu with `Earth Anthem
- 12 rhino poachers jailed in Nepal
- Rescue chopper crashes in Nepal one killed
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest South East Asia Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Junaid Khan with ball is like Virat Kohli with bat says Bhogle
- An eye for an eye Pakistani daily after funeral bombing
- PCB considering performance based pay for Pak players after disastrous CT campaign
- Developing Indo-Pak economic ties best way to improving bilateral relations Sabharwal
- Pak hardline party to impart military training to invoke spirit of Jihad in civilians