Britain's Financial Times was hacked last week by a mysterious group calling itself the Syrian Electronic Army. The newspaper's technology blog was hacked to display a slogan saying: "Hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army." Several Twitter feeds run by the Financial Times were also plastered with similar slogans. The FT later said its blogs and social media accounts had been compromised ...
The Saudi Arabia state news agency has reported a coordinated attack on the country's government websites. Several government websites in Saudi Arabia came under heavy cyber attacks last week, shutting them down for a short time. The attacks have been traced to IP addresses from a number of countries. Saudi investigators found the attacks had been launched from hundreds of Internet ...
longstanding brothers, the Iconia W8 and the Iconia W7 tablets, the Iconia W3 is featured on the product webpages at www.acer.fi despite never having been previously announced or launched. Upon asking an Acer representative what was going on, we were told the firm "does not comment on products that have not been launched", and it seems that it doesn't comment on products that ...
and Google chairman Eric Schmidt is set to meet with British prime minister David Cameron, just as Google is embroiled in another UK tax avoidance row. Ever since Schmidt gave up his CEO post at Google to become chairman, he has been busy meeting politicians on Google's behalf. His latest stint of glad-handing will occur this week ...
Intel saw its GPU shipments fall while AMD's remained flat overall and Nvidia posted an increase despite falling PC shipments. As Intel's reliance on the PC industry has been revealed with falling PC sales, the firm's GPU chip sales have also declined. According to analyst firm Jon Peddie Research, Intel's GPU shipment figures are down 5.3 percent from last year, while ...
26°C Light Rain Showers
Winds: From the SW at 12 MPH
The Jane Austen Book Club
While it certainly helps to be familiar with the works of Jane Austen and to be able to distinguish between, say, Elizabeth Bennett and Marianne Dashwood, it is not a perquisite to enjoying screenwriter-turned-first-time-director Robin Swicord's romantic dramedy T ... ...
This Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012, photo, shows a sign in front of Yahoo! headquarters in Sunnyvale, Calif., Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012. (Marcio Jose Sanchez/The Associated ...
Facebook and Twitter. Karp told the paper such things "really poison a whole community".The son of a composer and a teacher who separated when he was 17, Karp grew up on Manhattan's upper west side. He was building websites for businesses by the age of 11, and his interest in computing was sparked by the work of animation house Frederator Studios. Homeschooled from the age of 15, ...
IDG News Service - Bob Metcalfe, Dave Boggs and the rest of the scientists at Xerox Palo Alto Research Center in 1973 were a lot like young developers at a Silicon Valley startup today. "Beards, Birkenstocks, blue jeans, T-shirts," Metcalfe said earlier this month, recalling how he and his colleagues looked and dressed when they went to work at the cluster of modern, low-slung ...
Anadarko Petroleum as chief executive, filling the post vacated by co-founder Aubrey McClendon.Lawler, who is senior vice president of international and deep-water operations at Anadarko Petroleum, will join Chesapeake on June 17, the company said.McClendon's departure on April 1 came after a tumultuous year in which a series of Reuters investigations led to civil and criminal probes of the ...
NEW YORK: Yahoo! geared up for a major announcement Monday said to be a $1.1 billion deal to take over popular blogging platform Tumblr, a move that could bring a younger, hipper audience to the struggling Internet pioneer. The deal, first reported by The Wall Street Journal, if confirmed would be the largest for Yahoo! ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers
I could not find the Web site for this hotel, and it was not listed on any of the Internet ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
South East Asia PostSouth-East Asia Post | News Resource for Southeast Asia
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Southeast Asia Post is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive South East Asia news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, our news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's Southeast Asia news, the weather forecast for Southeast Asia, you'll find it all in the Southeast Asia Post.
Chinese Premier, Li Keqiang, alluding to recent skirmishes on their Himalayan border, acknowledged on Monday, that there were some problems with good friend India but said that the two Asian giants should take a leaf out of their vast history to resolve all issues peacefully.
"Since we are strategic partners and we are good friends that can speak to each other with candour, so we do not deny that there are some problems between the two sides," said Li, while making a joint statement with his Indian counterpart, Manmohan Singh in New Delhi.
"Both sides believe that with regard to the boundary question, one that is left over by history, the two sides have, over time, established the principles for settling the question and in the meantime we have worked together to maintain tranquillity and peace in the border areas," Li added.
Li said that both India and China have established certain principles to resolve the border disputes but also called for improvements in the existing mechanisms and make them more efficient.
"In our history, our two civilizations have had uninterrupted and in-depth exchanges. Today, facing the future, we see enormous potential for the common development of both countries. ...
- Bad debts falling in Vietnams ailing banks govt says
- Cambodians gather at Day of Anger ceremony to mourn victims of genocidal Khmer Rouge regime
- SE Asia Stocks-Indonesia jumps after new finmin Thailand at new high
- CORRECTED-BRIEF-Talisman Energy says gross production expected to reach 15000 bblsday from 2 Vietnam oil fields
- RPT-Fitch revises national asset manager rating scale for Thailand
- Unravelling the Indian curry
- Dog-meat mafia fuels Thai canine trade
- DSI to quiz foundation on donation funds
- British man run over by train in Thailand
- Thai Patriots get another two days to leave
- AFC Asian Cup India women ready for Myanmar challenge
- Unravelling the Indian curry
- Myanmar leader making landmark White House visit - NBC40.net
- 100 Pegawai Myanmar Dilatih Oleh Pakar Malaysia
- ASTAR and Veredus Laboratories Create Markets First Lab-on-Chip for the Detection of Multiple Trop
- Bangladesh online activist calls for ban of Islamists accused of wartime atrocities
- Inside a Bangladesh garment factory that plays by the rules
- Do you know your Dakar from your Dhaka Airline mix-up sends couple 7000 miles off-course to wrong continent
- A Bangladesh factory that obeys the rules
- Bangladesh bosses hail safety deal
- Nepal India to discuss cross-border crime
- Indo-Nepal Army Mountaineering Expedition Team climb Mount Everest
- Nepal investigates illegal Everest broadcast
- Siblings from India and Pakistan reach Everest peak together
- Nepal considers plan to expand fibre coverage
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest South East Asia Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- PCB chief assures complete cooperation to curb cricket corruption
- Nawaz Kayani agree to overhaul Pakistans policy in closed door meeting
- Pak media says team to experience lack of warmth in Champions Trophy with Guls absence
- Irish cricketers could be heading to Pakistan
- Growing intolerance in Pak-occupied Kashmir