Beijing, Jun 19 (Prensa Latina) President of Vietnam, Truong Tan Sang, arrived in Beijing on a three-day official visit, as guest of the leader Xi Jinping, to discuss issues of common interest. The visit of Vietnamese President to China is considered here palpable expression of intense and extensive relations of friendship and cooperation for mutual benefit. A note from the Chinese Foreign ...
Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang arrived in Beijing on Wednesday for a three-day state visit as Beijing and Hanoi aim to build their political mutual trust and strengthen trade ties amid a sea dispute.Sang's trip to China is of special importance as this is the first visit to China made by a Vietnamese leader since its neighbor's new leadership assumed power in March.An analyst ...
BEIJING -; China and Vietnam agreed on Wednesday to set up a hotline to resolve fishing incidents in disputed South China Sea waters that have been a frequent source of tensions between the two ideological ...
Yusen Logistics is adding a weekly service from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, to Los Angeles to its LCL network.The service features weekly sailings from Ho Chi Minh and 18-day transit times to Los Angeles, the logistics provider said. In the U.S., the company also offers domestic transportation services."Over the past 12 months, we have opened 51 new direct LCL services, including eight direct ...
General Meeting and Strategy Conference - IFEX network welcomes 12 new organisations at 17th General Meeting in Phnom Penh
IFEX is the largest global network of free expression organisations. Following the voting on 17 June at the 2013 IFEX General Meeting in Phnom Penh, 12 new organisations joined this dynamic network. The world is complex and multifaceted, and the IFEX network reflects that diversity. Our newest members span the globe, representing countries in Central Asia, Central and Southern Europe, the Middle ...
Winds: From the ENE at 8 MPH
Snow White and the Huntsman [Blu-Ray]
Snow White and the Huntsman, the latest cinematic incarnation of the medieval German fairy tale, hews close in tone to the version told by the Grimm Brothers in the early 19th century, but adds plenty of modern action and bluster to bring the story more in li ... ...
Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi (2nd R) meets with Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Gia Khiem (2nd L) in Bali, Indonesia, July 21, 2011. (Xinhua/Chen Duo)Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi said in Bali Thursday that China hopes to make joint effort with Vietnam to advance the bilateral relations on the right track. China and Vietnam have established a ...
A group of 700 Vietnamese tourists were left to fend for themselves in Bangkok after a Vietnamese travel agent failed to pay its Thai partner for their transport and hotels. The tourists had paid the company to organise their visit to Thailand from June 12-18 for a two-day Herbalife seminar followed by a tour of Bangkok. They purchased the package from Travel Life, a firm in Ho Chi Minh City. ...
In this photo taken Monday, June 17, 2013, lawyer Nguyen Thi Duong Ha stands in the courtyard of her home in downtown Hanoi, Vietnam. Her husband Cu Huy Ha Vu is entering the fourth week of a prison hunger strike to protest alleged poor treatment. The statues seen in her background are of Vu's father, the poet Cu Huy Can, left, and his uncle Xuan Dieu, also a famous poet (right). Vu was ...
Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang arrived in Beijing on Wednesday afternoon, kicking off his three-day state visit to China.Sang, as a guest of Chinese President Xi Jinping, will hold talks with Xi and other Chinese leaders on bilateral ties, regional affairs and international issues of common concern, according to Chinese Foreign Ministry.Besides Beijing, Sang will also visit Guangdong ...
, a Viet Nam News Agency (VNA) publication, and a newspaper for the Republic of Korea's (RoK) overseas citizens. The paper aims to strengthen the strategic partnership between the two countries by serving as a bridge for mutual understanding and trust between the two peoples. It will provide information on Vietnam's investment environment and co-operation opportunities, while serving ...
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Country Inn & Suites, Ventura, California, USA
I had selected the Holiday Inn at Ventura which is right on the beach as a target for a review, ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
South East Asia PostSouth-East Asia Post | News Resource for Southeast Asia
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Southeast Asia Post is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive South East Asia news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, our news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's Southeast Asia news, the weather forecast for Southeast Asia, you'll find it all in the Southeast Asia Post.
Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Wednesday said Sri Lanka is a dangerous side, and hence his team would not focus on individual players.
"They are a dangerous side, hence we cannot focus on individual players. If you look at their top six or seven, they are good. But yes, the duo has done really well and will always pose a threat," he said, when asked whether Kumar Sangakara and Mahela Jayawardena would pose a threat to the men in blue.
Dhoni, who was addressing the media here, ahead of tomorrow's semi-final clash against Sri Lanka, also rubbished speculations that his side was not a favourite for the title as compared to Sri Lanka.
"First, I really don't know who has been saying this that there are no expectations from the Indian team. The media spurred this entire debate. We are here to play some good cricket, and we are working hard for that, because that is the only thing in our control," said Dhoni.
"Even if both the teams look somewhat similar, even then it is different, as the rules have changed. Hence, it would be immature to count on the stats. Sri-Lanka is a good team and they are going through a phase like us, where they are missing a few key players," he said. ...
- India delivers indelible ink for Cambodian polls
- Vietnamese President Arrives in China
- UNESCO Confident that Cambodia and Thailand will Protect Temple
- Vietnam president visits China
- Cambodia China celebrate 55th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- Thailand cuts rice-buying subsidy after big losses
- Gaping hole in Patong street blocked off partially filled
- Thailand cuts subsidy to rice farmers
- Yuranunt appointed as adviser
- FDA ceremony to torch 3.4 tonnes of seized drugs
- Early Spring 2013 Ushers in Yoga Retreats To Maui Bali and El Salvador
- RI knows what to do with haze says Marty
- Komnas HAM declares Cebongan prison killings a human rights violation
- AirAsia to fly to 2 more Indonesian cities from Singapore
- KPK urged to protect key witnesses in Nazaruddin case
- Myanmar court convicts Muslims over violence
- Failure to address discrimination could undermine reforms in Myanmar - UN official
- Myanmar must stand tall on illegal wildlife trade
- ICT exhibition to be held in Yangon
- Huawei chosen for Myanmar rollout
- Neil Nitin Mukesh visits Bangla Sahib Gurudwara for new flick
- Bangladesh may lose ICC membership warns BCB chief
- Prayers to drive out ghost at Bangladesh garment plant
- ACSU report may delay Dhaka league
- 17 killed 30 injured in road accident in Bangladesh
- Team India would not focus on individual Lankan players Dhoni
- Sri Lankans will target Indian bowling Jayasuriya
- 80 Sri Lankans held while trying to migrate to Australia
- Sri Lanka calls for Tamil refugees in Australia to return
- Sri Lankan media code threatens free speech
- India Nepal monsoon floods leave 160 dead
- Nepal-Africa film festival opens with Earth Anthem
- India to provide Rs 40 million to Nepal for school buildings
- Dabur Nepal and ICIMOD partner to promote herbal medicinal and aromatic plants
- Conquering Everest begins at a tiny Nepal airstrip
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest South East Asia Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Infiltration bid foiled in Poonch sector
- Pakistan expresses concern over US drone attacks at UNSC
- Pak offended by Karzais statement implying Pakistani institutions opposed to promoting peace
- Zardari gets clean man stamp following Swiss refusal to re-open $60 mln money laundering case
- India clears Pakistani panels Mumbai visit to probe 2611 attacks