Researchers in the US have captured rare images of the creation of a massive galaxy about 10 times the size of the Milky Way that was formed when two young galaxies collided 11 billion years ago, a study said. "Capturing the creation of this type of large, short-lived star body is extremely rare - the equivalent of discovering a missing link between winged dinosaurs and early birds," scientists ...
Russia's new reusable spacecraft being developed by the Energia Rocket and Space Corporation will be able to make up to five space flights, the rocket maker said. The spacecraft's technical design has been finalised but is yet to be officially approved, Energia deputy general designer Alexander Chernyavsky said. The new reusable craft is to replace the Soyuz carrier rocket and is expected to ...
Emirates Post has issued a stamp to showcase the UAE's achievement in the field of science and technology, and to commemorate the "Y1A", the first multipurpose satellite by Yahsat. The satellite, a milestone for the nation, is designed to provide advanced satellite services to Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Central and South West Asia. The stamp is available in a denomination of four ...
A researcher at New York's Albert Einstein College of Medicine has demonstrated a technique to measure the health of human genetic material in relation to a patient's age. Dr. Gil Atzmon hopes that the dissemination of this technique that measures telomere length will lead to the development of a "genetic thermometer" to assess a patient's health in relation to other individuals of the same ...
The Ecuadorian Civil Space Agency issued an alert Wednesday about a possible collision of its Pegaso satellite, launched last month, with the wreckage of a Russian rocket. "ALERT: Possible collision of NEE-01 PEGASO and remains of Russian rocket," appeared Wednesday on the Twitter account of the space agency known as EXA. EXA's director, astronaut Ronnie Nader, published a notice from the ...
29°C Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the NE at 6 MPH
Kiss Me Deadly [Blu-Ray]
Warning: This review contains some spoilers. Proceed at your own risk if you have not yet seen the film. Arriving near the end of the classic period of film noir, which is usually dated as beginning with John Hustons The Maltese Falcon in 1941 and ending with Orson Well ... ...
Space imaging studies have revealed over 10 new oil deposits in Krasnoyarsk territory in Siberia, a scientist said. "The method of space imaging quantum-optical filtration allows us to identify the boundaries of deposits," said Valery Rostovtsev, associate professor of Tomsk Polytechnic University's geology and prospecting department. "We can see four deposits near Bely Yar in the Tomsk ...
Ibragim Todashev is pictured in this undated booking photo courtesy of the Orange County Corrections Department. An FBI agent shot and killed a Florida man with suspected links to the Boston Marathon bombings early on May 22, 2013, NBC News reported. The Orlando Sentinel said a friend had identified the dead man as 27-year-old Ibragim Todashev of Orlando. REUTERS/Orange County Corrections ...
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (Reuters) - Corporate researchers may be living on the moon by the time NASA astronauts head off to visit an asteroid in the 2020s, a study of future human missions unveiled on Thursday ...
In two critical reports released at the Arctic Council Ministerial Meeting in Kiruna, Sweden on May 15th, the scientific expertise of the Wildlife Conservation Society helped inform an international body of senior government officials about changing conditions in the Arctic, and potential responses to those changes. The scientific reports reviewed by the ministers are products of contributions ...
Duffy payout 'upsets' PM Harper, sparks ethics investigation CALI, Colombia - Prime Minister Stephen Harper suggested Thursday "perhaps" he should have accepted his former chief of staff's resignation sooner over the $90,000 personal cheque Nigel Wright cut for Sen. Mike Duffy. But Harper says Wright will ultimately answer to the ethics commissioner for his actions. ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Waldorf-Astoria Hotel New York
I clambered up the stairs with my luggage whilst two bell attendants chatted away. I entered the huge lobby of ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
South East Asia PostSouth-East Asia Post | News Resource for Southeast Asia
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Southeast Asia Post is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive South East Asia news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, our news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's Southeast Asia news, the weather forecast for Southeast Asia, you'll find it all in the Southeast Asia Post.
African leaders plan to meet this weekend at a summit in Ethiopia's capital, Addis Ababa, as part of the 50th anniversary celebration of the formation of the Organization of African Unity (OAU).The Theme of the summit is pan-Africanism and renaissance.
"Under this theme, Africa will be looking at that spirit of pan-Africanism that inspires through solidarity, unity of purpose for us to be able to get rid of colonialism and its shackles,rdquo; said Erastus Mwencha, the deputy chairman of the African Union (AU).
This will be the 21st summit of heads of state and government scheduled to coincide with the AU's golden jubilee celebrations.
"We will be reflecting, first of all, on the road travelled and looking at experiences, missed opportunities and challenges, but also where Africa prevailed,rdquo; said Mwencha. "From it, [we will] take lessons as to where Africa should be going to the futurehellip;rdquo;
Mwencha says the AU wants all Africans to be part of the celebrations.
"We want to make sure that all Africans participate to develop what we call a trajectory that would help us get to 2063, for which we already agreed that it should be Africa that is prosperous, Africa that is united [and] Africa that is peaceful,rdquo; he said. ...
- Thailand lands more international visitors
- ODD NEWS Crane accident cuts power to one-third of Vietnam
- Thailands April exports grow to USD18.7b
- Pan Pacific Petroleum days from spudding Vietnam offshore oil and gas well
- RP to export for first timehybrid corn seed to Vietnam in2...
- Thailand lands more international visitors
- Three Thai Nationals Sentenced For Overstaying
- Thailands April exports grow to USD18.7b
- Thai Cultural Festival Launched
- Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok offers special package for Club accommodations
- HIVAIDS an ongoing issue in Burma
- Abe Heads to Myanmar as Japan Inc. Eyes Cheapest Wages in Asia
- New President Of Myanmar Brings Hope Of Reform
- Obamas Hasty Push for Reconciliation With Burmas Thein Sein
- Burma - Burmese leaders visit prompts U.S. to end sanctions
- Cyclone Mahasen washes away US$35.2m of crops in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh opposition urges govt for talks
- EU warns Bangladesh of withdrawing duty-free access
- Dhaka deluged in downpour
- Bangladesh plans to filter internet contents
- Cargo warehouse in Colombo Port gutted in fire
- Sri Lanka Genocidal military gets into white garb to observe Vesak in Jaffna
- Travel and Adventure Sri Lanka is a gem with many facets
- Not for nothing that we have Article 9
- Emirates increases Flights to Colombo from June 30
- Nepal - Maoist party cadres seize copies of newspaper in Nepal
- Japanese octogenarian becomes oldest person to scale Everest
- Nepali youth NGO among four to win WB grant for innovative idea
- Seven dead in Nepal bus disaster
- Eighty-year-old climber on top of world after reaching Everest summit
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest South East Asia Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Two civilians among 13 dead in Pakistan car bomb
- Pakistan one of worlds most negative nations Poll
- Sharp decline in US drone strikes in Pakistan
- Nawaz Sharifs govt. to continue Benazir Bhuttos policy of reconciliation
- Talks with Taliban prerogative of Pak govt. says envoy Olson